Just building site is not enough to get the
business. More important is that your website
should be ranked higher. It is done through
"Search Engine Optimization" which is
also known as SEO.
SEO is a specialized field which requires analysis
and logical thinking. No one will visit your
website if it is ranked very low.
There are many companies that provide SEO service
but some uses un-ethical method to increase
traffic to your website. This may result in:
- Negative factor in the ranking when
dealing with the search engine positioning.
- Your entire website, the domain may be
banned and it will not show in search engine.
- Your website may either automatically or
manually receive a penalty
Some important tips for creating a
- Most important step is to choose keywords
to be inserted in title tag. These key words
should be selected according to what your page is
about. Inserting a keyword or key phrase will
greatly improve your chances of bringing targeted
traffic to your site.
- Best thing to do is to get at least one of
your primary keywords in domain or sub domain name
of your website.
- Use the same keywords as anchor text to
link to the page from different pages on your
site. This is especially useful if your site
contains many pages. The more keywords that link
to a specific page the better.
- Your webpage should be free from any
syntax error, search engines don’t like
pages with too many errors. You should declare
document type at the beginning and validate your
HTML and CSS.
- Do not use same title for every page. Sear
Engine Crawlers may determine that all the pages
- The text used in title tag should also be
there in the body of your page. It is unwise to
have keywords in the title tag which are not there
in the body of the page.